Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Magic Number

I would have to say that since I last blogged, 26.2 has been a significant number in all of our lives. Not only did my marathon change me and how I view what I can/can't do but it certainly changed everyone in my house! Everytime I accomplish something that I never thought I would accomplish I always look back and say - I don't know how I did that! Amidst all the things I had going on in my life at the time: work, kids, husband, soccer, events, training, the list goes on, I managed to train for 6 months for a marathon and succeed. Looking back now that I am a few m onths removed, I am pretty certain that I was borderline crazy but I don't regret one minute of it! I would venture to say that God fixes our lives to adjust to the things that he deems important. Just like shedding the weight, the marathon was a huge accomplishment that gave me just the confidence I needed at that time. It was like magic all of a sudden - I felt like superwoman! Now that we've moved on to 2012, I'm looking for the next best thing while still doing what I do! Ha!

No comments: